Plant tissue culture (micropropagation, cloning, in vitro culture)
is a method of plant propagation that
- involves growing pieces of plants (shoot tip, node, leaves, etc.) in a sterile environment
- producing numerous new plants ("plantlets") year-round
- using supplies from your kitchen or classroom
In the past, this was restricted to university and industry laboratories but since 1998 we have been teaching people how to do this in their kitchens and classrooms using inexpensive supplies.
How Do You Get Started:
- Email Carol for a copy of her Workshop Handout
- Read overview of our model system: African violet Leaf Culture
- Explore our website: we sell Kits, Supplies-Refills, and provide free information.
- Join a Listserv (free, valuable source which connects you with other hobbyists)
- Visit the Home Tissue Culture Group. KCK offers **Discounts for New HTCG members**
- Visit www.planttccases.org for protocols and media information
- Communicate with others - See the MAP - for locations of TC People Worldwide
- Watch YouTube videos